Availability Best Practices
Salesforce’s infrastructure investments ensure customers have enterprise-grade resiliency and availability. You too can make availability a priority for a more reliable Salesforce experience.
Customer-experienced availability is a shared responsibility.
Salesforce relies on customers to implement and maintain their solution with availability as a priority to help ensure a stable, reliable experience for everyone.
Design Resilient Salesforce Solutions
Start your Salesforce journey on the right foot.
- Consider your company’s use cases against Salesforce feature limitations.
- Design resilient solutions that reduce availability risks.
- Minimize potential business impact during limited availability events.
Optimize for Performance
Design and operate with performance in mind.
- Follow performance best practices during implementation, testing, and daily operations.
- Test and manage your solution’s performance regularly.
- Work with Salesforce to make your solution scaleable to your business growth.
Prepare for Major Releases and Ensure Safe Changes
Plan for changes to your solution.
- Make informed decisions about major releases.
- Proactively adopt critical Salesforce updates.
- Adopt automated testing and DevOps to minimize performance availability risks.
- Consider advanced release strategies to further safeguard changes in your org.
Monitor and Support
Manage your solution on a daily basis.
- Consider how you monitor your solution to detect potential availability issues.
- Empower your operations team to diagnose and triage issues when they occur.
- Know when and how to leverage Salesforce Support.
Respond to and Resolve Incidents
No matter how prepared, the unexpected can still occur.
- Develop an incident response plan to quickly recover and minimize business impact.
- Continuously improve your incident response plan with internal exercises and reviews.
- Prioritize fixing the root cause to avoid repeated incidents.
Learn how to build resilient and healthy Salesforce solutions using the Well-Architected framework.
Availability Help and Training
Discover ways to improve your org’s availability and reduce performance risks with Salesforce best practices.
Find learning resources to build and code efficient Salesforce solutions.
Availability Best Practices – A High Level Overview
Jsun Pe – Director, Product Management, Availability and Infrastructure Engineering Services
To watch the entire video, click here.